This easy chili baked potato recipe works for weeknights or family dinners for a crowd! This trick lets you cook the potatoes in half the time.
- 1 recipe Ultimate Vegan Chili, Vegetarian Chili, Healthy Chili or Instant Pot Chili
- 8 medium russet potatoes or 8 medium sweet potatoes (or a mix)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings (choose any!):
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the chili: try our Ultimate Vegan Chili, Vegetarian Chili, Healthy Chili or Instant Pot Chili. Or, you can make the chili in advance and refrigerate; then re-warm before serving.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and slice them in half. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the potatoes on top and rub them with olive oil, just enough to coat. Sprinkle them with kosher salt.
- Turn the potatoes cut side down and prick the tops several times with fork.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 25 to 35 minutes depending on the exact size of the potatoes. Prick them with a fork to assess doneness. Taste and add an additional sprinkle of salt if necessary.
- Mash the tops of the potatoes lightly with a fork. Serve immediately with the toppings of your choice (listed above).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chili Baked Potato