This cherry smoothie recipe is bursting with fruity flavor! Blend it up to curb a sweets craving or a healthy way to start the day.
- 2 cups frozen cherries (we use sweet cherries)
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1/2 cup orange juice (or cherry juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary and adding a splash more water or juice if necessary. Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 days.
*Variation: For a chocolate cherry smoothie, add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup. For a dairy-free smoothie, omit the Greek yogurt and add one of the protein adders in the post above (you may need to add a bit more liquid to get it to blend).
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Cherry smoothie