This cherry crostini pairs tart cherries and cheese in a pairing perfect for a spread of winter appetizers.
- 1 small baguette
- ½ cup dried Montmorency cherries
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the baguette, and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast 15 minutes until slightly browned and crisp.
- In a small saucepan, place ½ cup dried Montmorency cherries, ½ cup water, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Bring to a strong simmer and simmer until the liquid is reduced by one half, about 7 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the sage leaves. To serve, spread goat cheese on top of the crostini; top with cherries and a bit of sage.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crostini, Goat Cheese Crostini, Cherries and Cheese, Winter Appetizers, Tart Cherries, Vegetarian, Party Appetizers