The Bijou cocktail is an impressive classic cocktail! Its name evokes glittering jewels: gin for diamond, vermouth for ruby and Chartreuse for emerald.
- For the garnish: Lemon peel, cocktail cherry
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) gin
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet vermouth
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Chartreuse
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Combine the gin, sweet vermouth, Chartreuse and bitters in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass.
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the lemon peel. Squeeze the lemon peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails