This easy celery soup recipe comes out lusciously creamy! Its fresh flavor and bright green color make a splash at any table.
- 3 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 8 large celery ribs, thinly sliced (2 pounds or 4 cups sliced)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and small diced (14 ounces)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves, loosely packed, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, plus more to garnish
- Celery leaves, for garnish
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes until the onions are transparent.
- Add the chopped potato, vegetable broth, and kosher salt and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Carefully transfer the hot soup to a blender using a ladle. Add the dill and parsley and blend until creamy and pureed. Add the heavy cream and pulse to combine. Serve warm, garnished with celery leaves, more chopped parsley, and a drizzle of cream.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Celery soup, celery soup recipe