Cauliflower fried rice is a tasty vegetarian and gluten-free main dish. Cauliflower rice is grain-free, making it one of our best loved paleo recipes (sans edamame)!
- 1 medium head cauliflower (6 to 7 cups florets)
- 3 carrots
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 nub ginger (1 tablespoon minced)
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame (omit for paleo or keto)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup cashews, for garnish
- Chop the cauliflower into large florets. Place half of the florets into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fully chopped and the cauliflower resembles grains of rice. Remove the “rice” to a bowl and process the remainder of the cauliflower.
- Peel the carrots, then chop them into small cubes. Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince the ginger. Thinly slice the green onions.
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large frying pan, then add the eggs and scramble them, breaking them into small pieces. Remove the eggs from the pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil; add the garlic and ginger and saute, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower rice and shelled edamame and cook, stirring, for 5 to 8 minutes. Season with the kosher salt.
- Add the soy sauce and the cooked egg and stir until fully combined. Remove from heat and stir in the green onions. Serve topped with cashews.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fried Rice, Cauliflower Rice, Edamame, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dinner, Healthy Dinner,