These carrot fries are full of big flavor, sprinkled with ranch seasoning and baked until lightly crispy! Everyone will ask for the recipe.
- 2 pounds carrots, medium to large
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the carrots. Cut the carrots into thin fries: slice off the ends, then square off each of the sides to make a rectangular box shape. Cut into 3/8-inch wide slices, then cut the slices into strips.
- Place the fries in a large bowl. Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, dried parsley, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Drizzle the carrots with the olive oil, then add the spices and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the fries on the paper, placing them as far apart as possible.
- Bake 12 minutes on one side, then flip the fries and bake 12 to 17 additional minutes until the fries are dry and slightly browned; watch them carefully as the cooking time can depend on the thickness and the heat of your oven. Thinner fries will turn out crispier than larger fries (you’ll likely have some variation).
- Cool a few minutes, then serve immediately. (Note: Fries are best right out of the oven; they become softer as they sit.)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Carrot fries