This really is the best curried carrot soup out there! It’s bright orange and creamy, flavored with ginger and curry paste.
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cilantro, lime wedges, and red pepper flakes (to garnish)
- Dice the onion. Mince the ginger. Peel and chop the carrots.
- In a medium stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the ginger, carrots, and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer; cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the carrots are soft, carefully blend with an immersion blender (or in a blender) until the carrots are smooth. Return the carrot mixture to the pot and add the coconut milk and red curry paste. Stir until well blended. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add the kosher salt, then taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and red pepper flakes if desired.
Slightly adapted from Easy Gourmet by Stephanie Le
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Thai Inspired
Keywords: Curried carrot soup, Carrot Soup, Red Curry Paste, Spring Soup Recipes, Spring Recipes, Carrot Recipes