Avocado is the new trendy oil–but it’s here to stay! Here’s how to make a delicious avocado oil vinaigrette.
For the avocado oil vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 small garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
For the salad
- 1 to 2 heads Boston lettuce or fresh high-quality local baby greens, enough for 8 cups
- 2 carrots
- 2 green onions
- 4 radishes
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, optional
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Torn fresh dill
- Ricotta salata, sliced or feta crumbles (omit for vegan)
- For the avocado oil vinaigrette: Measure out the avocado oil into a glass measuring cup. In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, grated garlic, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Then gradually pour in the avocado oil, whisking constantly, until fully integrated and a creamy emulsion forms.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and chop it into bite-sized pieces (if using baby greens, no chopping is necessary). Use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots into ribbons. Thinly slice the green onions and radishes.
- If using chickpeas, drain and rinse them, then mix them with a drizzle of avocado oil, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- To assemble the salad, place the greens on the serving bowls or plates. Top with chickpeas, carrots, radishes, almonds, torn fresh dill, and ricotta salata or feta crumbles, then drizzle with avocado oil vinaigrette.
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Salad, Avocado Oil Dressing, Avocado Oil Vinaigrette, Avocado Oil, How to Make Homemade Dressing with Avocado Oil, Homemade Dressing, Healthy Avocado Oil Dressing, Healthy Salad, Side Salad, Summer Salad