This broccolini salad is packed with flavor! It pairs the unique vegetable with mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 1/2 pounds or 3 bunches broccolini
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into slivers
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms (aka cremini)
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shavings
- Lemon zest, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Chop the broccolini into florets, keeping the stems long.
- When the water is boiling, add the broccolini and cook it for 2 minutes. Remove it from the water with tongs and place it in an ice bath for a minute or so until cool. Pat the florets dry.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion into slivers (you may want to rinse or let it soak in water ot remove some of the bite, then shake it dry). Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup or sugar, and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time.
- In a large bowl, mix together the broccolini, red onion, raw mushrooms, dill sprigs, Parmesan shavings, and vinaigrette dressing. If desired, garnish with lemon zest. Serve immediately. The flavor is best fresh, but you can store leftovers refrigerated. (You may need to add a bit of salt or a splash of white wine vinegar to revive the flavors after refrigerating.)
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Broccolini salad