This quick broccoli and cheese recipe is everything cozy, cheesy, and warm: in less than 10 minutes! It’s the ideal easy side dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, stem on (about 3 large heads or 6 heaping cups florets)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (the powdery kind)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop the broccoli into medium sized florets (leave a good amount of the stem for a nice shape; see the photo or How to Cut Broccoli).
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it on medium high heat. Add broccoli and salt. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the broccoli, followed by the cheddar cheese. Add 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook another 1 minute until cheese is melted and the water cooks out. Serve immediately!
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Broccoli and cheese, broccoli cheese, cheesy broccoli