This baked strawberries recipe makes that delicious berry even sweeter and juicier! Serve with yogurt and granola for breakfast, or whipped cream for dessert.
For the pecan granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup walnut or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the roasted strawberries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt or Greek-style yogurt, to serve
- If using, make the granola: Preheat the oven to 300F. In a bowl, toss together 2 cups oats, 1 cup pecans, and ⅛ teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ cup oil, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until the oats are well coated. Spread the oats in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. The granola should be golden and starting to brown around the edges. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool completely on the pan. Once the granola is cool, break it into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Roast the strawberries: Preheat the oven to 375F. Quarter the strawberries. Spread the strawberries in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Toss with the honey and let them cool.
- Serve: Swirl the roasted strawberries into the yogurt. Taste and add additional honey to the yogurt if desired. Divide among 2 bowls and finish with ¼ cup granola for each bowl.
From The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen by Erin Alderson *Prep time is for the roasted strawberries only.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Strawberries, Strawberry Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Dessert Recipes,