Make a Bourbon Manhattan, or the Rob Roy: a Manhattan made with Scotch whisky! This booze-forward cocktail is a sophisticated way to enjoy a good Scotch.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon or blended Scotch whisky (for the Rob Roy)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet red vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
- For the garnish: Luxardo cherry or other cocktail cherry
- Combine the bourbon or Scotch, vermouth and bitters in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Bourbon vs Scotch