This classic blueberry cobbler recipe is an easy family favorite! The golden sweet topping layered over juicy berries is pure bliss.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted*
- 3/4 cup milk*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the blueberries with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a 9 x 9″ or 7 x 11″ medium baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and kosher salt. Stir in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla and mix until a smooth batter forms. Let the batter stand for 1 minute to thicken.
- Pour the batter over the blueberry filling, smoothing it to the edges. (If desired, you can sprinkle a bit more sugar on the top.)
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and set. Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Scoop into individual servings and serve with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream. Stores up to 3 days refrigerated; reheat in a 350°F oven until room temperature or warm before serving.
*For vegan and dairy, free, use non-dairy milk and refined coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Blueberry cobbler, blueberry cobbler recipe, easy blueberry cobbler