Here’s the best easy waffle recipe: it makes perfect waffles every time, whether Belgian or classic! This is your go-to for weekend mornings.
- Preheat the waffle iron to the high heat setting.
- In a medium bowl, mix the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and kosher salt until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, milk, vanilla and eggs (or see Fluffy Waffles variation**). Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until the batter is smooth.
- Grease or butter your waffle iron. Add the batter (a little over 1 cup for a Belgian waffle maker or a little over 1/2 cup for a standard waffle maker) into the center of the waffle iron, then cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions until golden brown: about 3 to 4 minutes depending on your waffle iron. Remove the cooked waffles and place them on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet without stacking. Make the waffles to order, or place cooked waffles in a 250°F oven to keep warm.
- Cooked waffles can be frozen; place them in a plastic bag and remove the remaining air with a straw before sealing. To reheat, remove from the freezer and lightly toast in a toaster.
**Fluffy Waffles variation: Whisk only the egg yolks with the oil, milk, and vanilla. Use a stand mixer, handheld mixer or whisk to beat the two egg whites until soft peaks form. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth, then fold the egg whites into the batter with a spatula. This will make 2 1/2 Belgian waffles or 5 classic waffles.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Waffle recipe, Belgian waffle recipe, Best waffle recipe, Easy waffle recipe, Homemade waffles, how to make waffles