This perfectly moist vegan zucchini bread recipe is so darn good, everyone will be hooked — and no one will believe it’s vegan. Here are all our secrets.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (grapeseed, sunflower, vegetable)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- Start the flax eggs. Allow them to sit while preparing the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and flax eggs with a fork. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to combine into a sticky dough. Gently stir in zucchini. Be careful not to overmix: just stir until the dough comes together.
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar. Bake 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing. Store at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for about 1 week, or frozen for at least 3 months.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Zucchini Bread, Best Vegan Zucchini Bread