This perfectly moist vegan zucchini bread recipe is so darn good, everyone will be hooked — and no one will believe it’s vegan. Here are all our secrets.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (grapeseed, sunflower, vegetable)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- Start the flax eggs. Allow them to sit while preparing the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and flax eggs with a fork. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to combine into a sticky dough. Gently stir in zucchini. Be careful not to overmix: just stir until the dough comes together.
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar. Bake 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Zucchini Bread, Best Vegan Zucchini Bread