Here’s how to make the best grilled vegetables! The perfect easy side dish for grilled dinners. Note: See above for a master recipe for every veggie you want to cook.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- 2 avocados, halved with pit removed
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees).
- Mix the vegetables with enough olive oil to coat, and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. For the portobello mushrooms, coat liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Use the following timing to grill these vegetables (listed as stand-alone instructions for each, but grill them together!):
- To grill the portobello mushrooms: Place the grill grates gill side up and grill 10 to 14 minutes until tender and juicy. Liquid will pool in the cap. Flip the mushrooms (this drains the liquid into the grates) and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until browned.
- To grill the bell peppers: Place them directly on the grill grates, spaced as far apart as possible. Grill until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- To grill the kale: Grill over indirect heat, on an upper rack if available, for 6 to 9 minutes until lightly crispy, bright green and charred in parts.
- To grill the avocado: Grill the avocado halves cut sides down for 4 to 6 minutes total, until grill marks form.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Grilled vegetables, Best grilled vegetables, How to grill vegetables