Move over, classic gimlet! This basil gimlet is where it’s at, featuring lime juice, gin, and muddled basil, which gives it a fresh peppery essence.
- 3 fresh basil leaves, plus more for a garnish
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) gin
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lime juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup or maple syrup
- Add the basil leaves and gin to a cocktail shaker and muddle 4 to 5 times until the basil leaves are crushed.
- Add the lime juice and maple syrup to the cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a glass. Top with a splash of soda water, if desired. Garnish with a fresh basil leaf (fastened via a skewer, if desired).
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Basil gimlet, Basil gimlet recipe, Gimlet recipe, Basil cocktail recipe, Herb cocktail recipes