Here’s the most irresistible avocado sandwich: the Avocado Club! It’s filling and full of hearty flavor, the ideal easy lunch idea.
- 1 handful coconut bacon (or cooked bacon)
- 4 slices bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- Make the coconut bacon in advance and store in the freezer until ready to serve (no need to defrost). Alternatively, cook the bacon.
- Toast the bread (optional but recommended).
- Slice the avocado and slice the tomatoes. Sprinkle the tomato slices with a pinch of salt.
- Slather both sides of the bread with mayonnaise. Layer the bottom bread slice with cheddar and provolone cheese, then tomato slices and avocado slices. Top with a sprinkle of coconut bacon and the romaine lettuce. Add the other slice of bread and serve.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Avocado sandwich