Here’s a fast and easy way to make avocado corn salad! It’s perfect for parties and full of zingy flavor.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 15-ounce can corn, drained or 1 1/2 cups boiled or grilled corn kernels
- 1/4 cup red onion slices (optional)
- 1 cup purchased pico de gallo, aka salsa fresca (including juices)*
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- If making with cooked corn, cut the corn kernels from the cob. Otherwise, drain the canned corn.
- Dice the avocado. If using, slice the red onion.
- Gently mix the chopped avocado, corn, red onion and cilantro (if using) with the pico de gallo, making sure to add it with its juices. Add a drizzle of olive oil if you like. The salad is best the day it is made. Leftovers are good for 1 day.
*You’ll find this packaged in the refrigerated section at your local grocery: it may be labeled pico de gallo or fresh salsa. If you can’t find it, make homemade Pico de Gallo. If you’d like
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Avocado corn salad