Here’s how to make the best applesauce muffins! The batter is whizzed in a blender and they come out fluffy and perfectly cozy spiced.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs for vegan)
- 2 cups rolled oats, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)**
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend everything on high for a minute or two until a smooth batter forms.
- Place 10 muffin cups into a muffin tin and pour the batter divided evenly between the cups. Sprinkle the tops with extra oats and gently press them down (sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon to the tops if you’d like).
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the muffin tin and allow them to cool a few minutes before serving. Store refrigerated or frozen.
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Applesauce muffins