- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bottle dry red wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or brandy
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Unsweetened apple cider, for serving (optional)*
- Slice the apples, then add them to the bottom of a pitcher. Sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon and stir. Let them stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- After 20 minutes, pour in the red wine, brandy, cinnamon sticks and lemon rounds. Stir and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- Pour the sangria into ice filled glasses. If desired, for more sweetness and apple flavor, add a splash of apple cider before serving. Add apples to each glass, preferably on long skewers for easy snacking.
*Adding apple cider is less traditional Spanish, but adds more apple flavor and sweetness. If you like sweeter drinks, we recommend this.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Apple sangria