This zucchini muffins recipe comes out ultra tall and fluffy! They’re easy to make with the best moist texture and sweet flavor.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (or vegan butter or more oil)
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups [280 g] all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, packed (about 1 pound or 2 medium or 1 large zucchini), grated with large grater
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping (optional) OR turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a standard muffin tin with 12 muffin paper liners*.
- Melt the butter, then whisk in the oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use a spatula to mix in the flour and zucchini until a thick smooth batter forms, mixing just until there are no longer streaks of dry ingredients. Fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips (if using), mixing gently a few times.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups: the cups will be full to the top, using about a heaping ¼ cup per muffin. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar (for plain) or a sprinkle of chocolate chips (for chocolate variation).
- Bake until the tops are set, rotating the pans halfway through the baking, about 22 to 27 minutes total (a toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few clinging crumbs, but it can be tricky to tell with the chocolate chips since they melt onto the toothpick!). Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to fully cool (about 1 hour). The muffins store very well in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or frozen for 1 month.
*For the most even bake, you can also bake in two muffin tins spaced apart with every other muffin, then rotate the sheets halfway through.
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Zucchini Muffins, Zucchini Muffin Recipe