This zucchini brownies recipe comes out ultra moist with deep chocolaty flavor! Bookmark this one for a deliciously simple treat.
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup neutral oil (grapeseed, organic canola or vegetable oil, or other neutral oil of choice)
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini (packed not drained)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (standard)
- 2 tablespoon Dutch process (dark chocolate) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9″ pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Stir together the sugar and oil with a spatula. Then stir in the zucchini, vanilla, cocoa powder, Dutch process cocoa powder, cornstarch, flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips. Allow the batter to stand for 5 minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until a tester comes out with a few clinging crumbs. Cool for 1 hour in the pan, then remove the brownies from the pan with the foil and allow to cool on a baking rack for another 1 to 2 hours until cooled. Slice into 16 pieces and serve (wash the knife after each slice to make for clean cuts). Leftovers store up to 1 week refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Baked
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Zucchini brownies, zucchini brownies recipe