Salad pizza is the new thing, and rightfully so: salad is a refreshing topping for a cheesy pizza! And pizza with ranch? It’s an instant winner.
For the dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the yogurt ranch:
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley or dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad pizza:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 canned red pepper or fresh red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shredded cheese, combination of mozzarella and Parmesan
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt and sugar. Stir in 3/4 cup of water and the oil until the ingredients are combined. Once the dough is formed, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, adding flour if it gets too sticky. Form the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 475F. In a medium bowl, mix together all the yogurt ranch ingredients (it may taste quite salty, but the saltiness will be diluted once the yogurt ranch is tossed with the greens!). Set aside.
- To assemble the pizza, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the sheet, and roll the dough out until it’s very thin and reaches the rim of the pan. Crimp the edges to make a crust. Brush the crust with a thin coating of oil, then top with the cheese, veggies and red pepper flakes and bake until the cheese is splotchy with brown marks and the crust is golden (begin checking for doneness at 1 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, toss the greens and cilantro with the yogurt ranch. Right before you serve the pizza, cut it into slices (doing this before adding the salad will make cutting it much easier), then distribute the salad over the top. Enjoy!
Reprinted with permission from Yogurt by Molly Yeh
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Salad pizza, Pizza with ranch, Pizza recipe, Yogurt ranch, Ranch dressing, Homemade pizza, Homemade salad pizza