Here’s how to make the Wisconsin Old Fashioned! This state’s variation on the classic cocktail is made with brandy and has some unique twists.
- 1 sugar cube (1 teaspoon sugar)
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) brandy
- Topper: 1 splash of lemon lime soda (Sweet), sour mix or grapefruit soda (Sour), 50/50 lemon lime soda and soda water (Press), or soda water (Soda)
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice)
- For the garnish: Orange peel or slice, cocktail cherry, pickled mushrooms, olives or pickled Brussels sprouts
- Place the sugar cube in a lowball glass and add the bitters. Add the water and mash and swirl it with a muddler or wooden spoon until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the brandy and swirl to combine. Add a large ice cube.
- Top off the glass with the desired topper (above). Garnish and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Wisconsin Old Fashioned, Brandy Old Fashioned