This white wine sauce is easy to make and full of tangy, savory flavor from dry wine and Parmesan. Serve as a sauce for pasta, chicken or fish.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot (1/4 cup finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mince the garlic. Finely chop the shallot.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the garlic and shallot and saute for 1 minute, stirring, until fragrant but not browned. Add the flour and cook 1 more minute.
- Add white wine and cream and cook on a low simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and salt and whisk until it melts. Taste and adjust salt if needed. If desired, serve with 8 ounces pasta of any shape.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: White Wine Sauce, White Wine Pasta Sauce