This three cheese white pizza (pizza bianca) is an explosion of flavor: creamy ricotta, stretchy mozzarella and savory Parmesan cheese!
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 small garlic clove (1/4 teaspoon minced)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For the garnish: Dried or fresh oregano, and red pepper flakes
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough or Thin Crust Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Prepare the toppings: Mince the garlic. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and minced garlic.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Gently spread the seasoned ricotta onto the dough. Top with the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of kosher salt. If desired, top with dried or fresh oregano and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: White pizza