Here’s a sophisticated, citrus-forward drink: the White Lady cocktail! It’s a classic sour featuring gin and lemon with a frothy egg white topping.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) gin
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white*
- For the garnish: Lemon twist or lemon slice
- Add the gin, Cointreau, lemon juice, and egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Add the ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a martini or cocktail glass; the foam will collect at the top. Serve garnished with a lemon twist or lemon wedge.
*Substitute 2 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas) for a vegan variation.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: White Lady cocktail