There’s something about that classic wedge salad recipe! Crisp iceberg and creamy blue cheese dressing is a match made in heaven.
For the salad
- 1 recipe Blue Cheese Dressing*
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (or 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 chives, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Smoky breadcrumbs, for the garnish (1 handful crushed potato chips or crumbled bacon)
For the smoky breadcrumbs
- Make the Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Make the smoky breadcrumbs, if using: Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix the panko with the smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and kosher salt. Add them to the skillet and toast, stirring frequently, until golden and crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Remove the outer leaves of the iceberg head, then slice it into wedges (4 for a small head, 6 for a large head). Prep the chives and tomatoes.
- To serve. place a wedge on a plate. Top with dressing, tomatoes, chives, blue cheese crumbles, and smoky breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
*Not a blue cheese lover? Make our Ranch Dressing and add 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika for a smoky flair. Then top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Wedge salad, wedge salad recipe