Watermelon sangria has the best sweet flavor! A big pitcher made with this juicy fruit is perfect for summer entertaining.
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon, divided
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle dry white wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup brandy or Grand Marnier
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, sliced into rounds
- Chop the watermelon and cut the apple into bite-sized pieces. Add the chopped apples and 2 cups of the watermelon to the bottom of a large pitcher. Sprinkle them with sugar and stir gently. Let them stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- After 20 minutes, add the remaining 6 cups of watermelon to a blender and blend until juiced. Pour through a strainer into the pitcher. Add the the white wine and brandy, fresh mint and thinly sliced lime rounds. Stir and refrigerate for 1 hour, or as long as 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- Pour the watermelon sangria into ice-filled glasses. Add fruit to each glass, preferably on long skewers for easy snacking.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Watermelon sangria