Watermelon salsa is a fun way to use this juicy melon! Combine it with lime, jalapeno, and cilantro for a zingy dip or sauce.
- 2 cups finely diced fresh ripe watermelon
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced and seeds remove
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Prepare the watermelon, tomato, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro as listed above.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients gently together with the lime juice, sugar and salt. Serve immediately or wait 5 minutes to let the flavors meld. Taste and add more sugar or salt to adjust the flavor as desired. Serve with chips or with grilled fish, shrimp or chicken, using a slotted spoon to drain juices before serving. Tastes best the day it is made, but it stores up to 2 days refrigerated (it will gather liquid during refrigeration so you may need to drain or use a slotted spoon for serving).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Watermelon salsa