This watermelon salad could not be more refreshing! It pairs sweet melon with salty feta, cucumber, fresh basil and lemon zest.
- 8 cups cubed ripe seedless watermelon (1 8-pound watermelon)
- 2 organic mini cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber (1 cup sliced)
- 2 ounces Happy Farms Preferred Original Feta
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 basil leaves
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Suggested pairing: La Rue Côtes de Provence Rosé (available at ALDI)
- Chop the watermelon into cubes. Slice the cucumbers (if using an English cucumber, slice it into half moons). Chop the basil. Zest the lemon.
- Arrange the watermelon and cucumbers on a platter. Sprinkle with feta crumbles, lemon zest, and sea salt. Taste and adjust flavors as desired. (If you’d like, you can add freshly ground black pepper or a drizzle of olive oil.) Serve immediately. If making ahead, refrigerate the cubed watermelon separately: it releases a lot of water after it is cut. Then assemble the salad directly before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon Salad, Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad, Watermelon Feta Salad, Watermelon Cucumber Salad