This watermelon margarita is sweet, tart, and salty! It’s salted in the drink instead of the rim for a uniquely balanced flavor.
- 6 cups cubed seedless ripe watermelon, chilled, enough for 3 cups juice
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup lime juice, plus lime slices for garnish (5 limes)
- 1 cup tequila reposado
- 1/2 cup ice
- Chop the watermelon. Add the watermelon cubes to a blender and blend until a juice forms. Then pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container.
- Measure out 3 cups of the watermelon juice, then add it back to the blender. Add the kosher salt, lime juice, tequila, and ice and blend until fully
- Serve immediately over ice, or chill for several hours* and serve over ice. Garnish with lime slices.
*We preferred the chilled version, so make this a few hours in advance if possible.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Watermelon margarita, how to make a watermelon margarita