Watermelon feta salad is the ultimate fresh summer treat! Sweet melon with salty cheese is laid back and perfect for the season.
- 8 cups cubed ripe seedless watermelon (5 pounds or 1/2 medium watermelon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 basil or 6 mint leaves, minced
- Lemon zest (optional)
- 1 pinch kosher salt, for garnish
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Chop the watermelon and arrange it on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with feta crumbles, basil or mint, and kosher salt. Add lemon zest or black pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately. If making ahead, refrigerate the cubed watermelon separately: it releases a large amount of water after it is cut. Then assemble the salad right before serving. Leftovers store for up to 2 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: Watermelon feta salad, watermelon feta mint salad