This watercress salad makes the leafy green taste divine! Pair it with apples, lemon and Parmesan shavings for an irresistible side dish.
- 2 crisp tart apples like Gala or Pink Lady, sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces watercress*
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice + zest of ½ lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt**
- Slice the apples and shallot.
- Place the watercress in a bowl and toss it with the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and kosher salt. Add the sliced apples, shallot, Parmesan cheese shavings, and flaky sea salt and toss until combined. Enjoy immediately.
*We prefer young watercress that’s sold in a bag, since the flavor is milder than more mature watercress sold in bunches.
**If all you have is kosher salt or flaky sea salt, you can combine these quantities to taste. The flaky sea salt is a nice finishing salt for a salad.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian