This virgin Bloody Mary tastes just as good as the real deal! This mocktail is so full of flavor: spicy, savory, and salty: you won’t miss the alcohol.
- 2 cups tomato juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (vegan as desired)
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons olive juice / brine (optional)*
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- For the rim: Old Bay seasoning (purchased or homemade) and kosher salt
- For the garnish: celery, lemon wedge, olive, cocktail onion (use cocktail picks if desired)
- If time allows, chill the tomato juice. Shake the tomato juice before pouring.
- In a large cocktail shaker, combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, olive juice, Tabasco, celery salt and black pepper. Shake well to combine (without ice). Strain into a quart mason jar or small pitcher.
- Optional: If time, chill at least 1 hour or overnight for the best flavor. (Or, make ahead and store up to 1 week.) But you also can serve right away!
- To serve, on a plate place a mixture of roughly half kosher salt and half Old Bay seasoning (or celery salt). Cut a notch in a lemon wedge, then run it around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt.
- To each glass, add 1/2 cup of virgin Bloody Mary mix and stir gently to combine. Fill the glass with ice and add the garnishes.
*Use the brine inside the jar of olives you’re planning to use for a garnish.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Virgin Bloody Mary, Virgin Mary cocktail