The Vieux Carre cocktail is a 1930’s classic from New Orleans! It’s strong and sippable, featuring rye whiskey, Cognac and vermouth.
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Cognac
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) sweet vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon Benedictine
- 1 dash Peychaud bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- For the garnish: Luxardo cherry or cocktail cherry
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds until very cold.
- Add ice to a lowball glass and strain in the drink. Garnish with a cocktail cherry.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Vieux Carre, Vieux Carre Cocktail