This best vegan pizza recipe is a total crowd pleaser! The veggie pizza toppings are so full of flavor no one notices it’s cheeseless.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ red onion
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing dough
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup Muir Glen Organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes or our Homemade Easy Pizza Sauce
- 6 canned artichoke heart quarters
- 4 large leaves basil
- Prepare the dough using the Best Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe (follow this video instruction for more). Follow the preparation instructions in the dough recipe if prepared in advance.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Prepare the toppings: Slice the jarred red pepper into thin strips and set aside. Mince 3 cloves garlic. Slice the mushrooms and red onion. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the garlic, mushrooms, onion, chickpeas, and spinach and ½ teaspoon kosher salt; saute until the mushrooms are tender and the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Quickly assemble the pizza: Spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes across the dough and sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt. Add the sauteed vegetables, then top with red pepper strips and artichoke quarters.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven on the pizza peel, and bake until the crust is browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. While the pizza bakes, cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade). Allow to cool slightly, then top with basil and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan Pizza, Vegan, Pizza without Cheese, Veggie Pizza, Vegetarian Pizza, Homemade Pizza, Pizza at Home, Artisan Pizza