This veggie supreme pizza is supremely delicious! It’s fully loaded with sauteed mushrooms, green pepper, red onion, feta cheese and oregano.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/3 cup Best Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 4 baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1 handful thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons feta crumbles
- Dried oregano, for sprinkling
- Kosher salt
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the 5 Minute Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the toppings: Slice the baby bella mushrooms. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Saute the mushrooms and fennel seeds for about 3 to 5 minutes, until they become golden brown and start to release moisture. Add 3 pinches kosher salt and continue to cook a few minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Finely dice the green pepper. Thinly slice the red pepper. Thinly slice the red onion.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough using the back of a spoon to create a thin layer. Add the mozzarella cheese. Top with the mushrooms, peppers, red onion, and feta cheese crumbles. Sprinkle with dried oregano and a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Supreme Pizza, Veggie Supreme Pizza, Supreme pizza toppings, What's on a supreme pizza