These veggie dippers are out of this world! They’re the best way to eat your veggies: crunchy and baked, served with a tasty dipping sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas and green beans)
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (for gluten free, try Gluten Free 1 for 1 flour
- For serving: Dill Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Saute the vegetables, chickpeas, garlic powder, smoked paprika, oregano, kosher salt, and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes until warmed through and the vegetables are evenly coated in spices.
- Add the vegetables and the flour to a food processor. Pulse about 20 to 25 times until chunky but sticky paste forms, scraping down the bowl of the food processor as necessary.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Gently form the dough into about 40 to 46 balls (using a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop** or two spoons) and place each on the baking sheet. Resist the urge to roll the balls in your hands or they will come out too dense.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the outsides of the meatballs with olive oil.
- Bake the veggie dippers for 30 minutes until lightly browned, rotating the pans at 15 minutes to allow for an even bake. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve with dill sauce if desired.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Veggie Dippers, Baked Veggie Balls, Yogurt Dill Sauce, Yogurt Sauce, Dipping Sauce, Vegetarian, Healthy