Looking to spice up your entertaining? This romesco dip is a bright red sauce made of almonds, red peppers and tomatoes: perfect for dipping!
For the Romesco dip
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15-ounce can fire-roasted Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 2 large jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
For the vegetables (optional)
- ½ pound purple potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Make the Romesco dip: In a dry skillet, toast the almonds over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Peel and smash the garlic. In a blender or food processor, process all ingredients until smooth. Taste and add additional seasonings if desired. (If made in advance, store refrigerated and bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Prepare the vegetables: Slice the bell peppers and zucchini (these will be served raw).
- Grill the potatoes (optional): Thinly slice the potatoes. Lightly coat the potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and kosher salt. Cook over medium heat on a grill pan or grill for about 12 minutes until tender and lightly charred, turning halfway through.
- Place all vegetables on a platter, and serve with Romesco dip.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Romesco sauce, Romesco dip, Entertaining dip, Spanish recipes,