This vegan sour cream is impossibly rich and creamy! Made with 5 whole food plant based ingredients, it’s the perfect dairy-free cream for dolloping.
- 1/2 cup cup raw or roasted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups firm tofu, crumbled into the measuring cup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Boil the cashews: Place the cashews in a saucepan and cover with 2 inches hot water. Bring to a boil and boil at a high boil for 10 minutes (high speed blender) to 15 minutes (standard blender). Alternatively, you can soak the cashews for at least 1 hour, more if you have time.
- Blend: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for a few minutes until a smooth texture forms. Stop, scrape and blend again as necessary. Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Sour Cream