Here’s our best vegan ranch dressing recipe, using cashews to make a creamy base and savory spices. It’s perfect for salads and dipping!
- 1 cup cashews (or 3/4 cup cashew cream)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover them with water. Soak for at least 1 hour. For preparation in advance, you can soak the cashews overnight, which is even better.
- Drain the cashews. Add the cashews, 3/4 cup water, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to a blender, then blend on high for 1 minute. Stop and scrape, then add additional liquid if necessary to come to a creamy consistency. Blend for several minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Place 3/4 cup of the cashew cream into a medium bowl (a small amount will remain, which you can save for using as a vegan sour cream or mayo). Whisk in the apple cider vinegar, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- You can serve right away, but we prefer refrigerating for a few hours so the flavors intensify and the texture sets up. Then before serving, mix it with a teaspoon or so of water to come to a drizzleable consistency.
- Category: Salad Dressings
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan ranch recipe, Is ranch dressing vegan, Best vegan ranch, Cashew ranch dressing, Salad Dressing, Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe