It’s moist, fluffy, pumpkin-spiced, and seriously cozy. Yes, this easy vegan pumpkin bread will change your life (we think).
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (purchased or homemade)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepitas, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-inch bread pan with coconut oil or oil.
- Start the flax eggs (let them soak for 15 minutes while you prepare the next ingredients).
- In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- When the flax egg is done, whisk it into the bowl with the liquids. Then slowly mix in the dry ingredients until just combined and smooth (don’t over stir). Pour the batter into the bread pan. Sprinkle with pepitas and pat them down gently.
- Bake 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan until room temperature. Run a knife around the edges and invert. Slice into pieces and serve. Stores for about 3 days at room temperature (keep on a cutting board and cover with a towel) or freeze in slices for a few months.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Bread, Best Pumpkin Bread, Easy Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Bread Recipe