This killer vegan pesto pasta gets big flavor from emerald green basil pesto, ripe cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of olive oil. It’s perfection on a plate.
- 8 ounces bucatini pasta (or spaghetti)*
- 1/2 cup homemade Vegan Cashew Pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved pasta water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make the Vegan Cashew Pesto.
- Heat a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, checking for doneness a few minutes before the package instructions indicate (the pasta should be tender but still slightly firm). Drain, making sure to reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and return it to the pot. Add the pesto, olive oil, reserved pasta water, sliced cherry tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and stir. Taste and add additional salt if needed (the exact amount depends on the pesto and your pasta water, so it will vary — salt until the flavor pops!). If you’d like it to be a looser sauce, you could also stir in another splash of reserved pasta water. Serve immediately.
*This quantity makes 3 to 4 modest servings, so you may need to double based on your eaters hunger level.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan Pesto Pasta, Vegan Pasta, Vegan Basil Pesto, Vegan Pasta Recipes, Pesto Pasta