Wow, is this the BEST vegan chili! It’s bursting with flavor and is totally plant based. Dollop with vegan sour cream and load with toppings!
- 2–28 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, divided
- 1 small carrot
- 1 cup parsley leaves and tender stems, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce (or use this substitute)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce), plus more to taste
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes, fire roasted if possible
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon each chili powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, cumin and oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnishes: Pickled Jalapenos (or Pickled Onions), Vegan Sour Cream, lime wedges, sliced radishes
- In a blender, blend the one can of diced tomatoes, carrot (peeled and chopped into a few pieces), parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and adobo sauce until fully combined.
- Dice the onion and green pepper. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and green pepper and sauté for about 6 to 7 minutes until tender.
- Carefully add the blended vegetables, the second can of diced tomatoes, the crushed tomatoes, drained beans, quinoa, spices, kosher salt, and 1/2 cup water. Simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes until the quinoa is tender and cooked through, stirring occasionally. Taste and add additional salt and adobo sauce as desired (we added 1 teaspoon adobo sauce and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Chili