These Vegan Banana Pancakes are a total treat! They’ve got just the right sweet flavor and are easy to make with simple ingredients.
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (or melted and cooled coconut oil)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (oat milk or almond milk)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork and measure it out. Whisk in the neutral oil and milk.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, sugar, and kosher salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Lightly grease a skillet with coconut oil and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet over low heat. Pour the batter into small circles (about ¼ cup each). Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden: low and slow is the key! Then flip them and cook until done.
- Add a small splash of milk to the remaining batter if it’s become very thick, and repeat. (Keep in mind, the skillet can get very hot on the second batch). Place the cooked pancakes under an inverted bowl to keep them warm. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan banana pancakes