These are the BEST vegan banana muffins, moist and fluffy with just the right banana flavor and a crunchy streusel topping. They’re irresistible!
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 large or 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, half melted and half room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (or brown sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 12 muffin cups to a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon with the ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil with the maple syrup. In another bowl, combine the maple syrup and coconut oil mixture with the mashed banana, vanilla, and rum (optional). Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- In another medium bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon along with the turbinado sugar and 1/4 cup room temperature coconut oil.
- Cut the coconut oil into the remaining ingredients using a pastry cutter or fork until it’s evenly combined and a crumbly streusel topping forms.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Then top with a thin layer of streusel.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (if your oven is uneven, reverse the pan halfway through). Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins and place them on a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Baked Good
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Banana Muffins