This deliciously moist vegan banana bread will become a favorite in no time! It’s easy to make and has just the right banana flavor.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 4 large or 5 to 6 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup neutral oil (grapeseed, sunflower, vegetable)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start the flax eggs and allow them to sit while preparing the ingredients.
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Whisk in the oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and flax eggs with a fork. Stir in the dry ingredients, just until the dough comes together.
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (if you have a thermometer, the interior temperature should be 200 degrees Fahrenheit). The exact bake time depends on your oven and the size of your loaf pan. Cool completely before slicing.
*You can increase to 2/3 cup if you prefer sweetener bread. We preferred the flavor lightly sweet with 1/2 cup. The sweetness also depends on the ripeness of the bananas.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Quick Bread
Keywords: Vegan Banana Bread